Sunday, April 3, 2016

All Good Things

The last few months have been those of great changes.  Some are very difficult to discuss.  Some hard decisions were made.  Some friendships were even ended.  But I am happy to report that the Teixeira clan are all doing amazing and we are happy and much wiser for the ware as they say.




For starters, the sad news.  Things ended with my closest circle of friends.  It was hard and I'm pretty sure all of us were hurt, but I took my own advice , reevaluated some choices I've made, regained some self worth and accepted that some people are who they are and that's fine.  I don't judge.  I don't wish anyone any ill will or harm and I hope that each of them go on to live full, happy, loving lives wherever they are.


The good news about this, I made a resolution to reconnect and nurture my existing friendships.  While I have made plenty of new ones, reconnecting with old friends is always so rewarding.  After all, these were the people who "knew me when."  I feel like my friendships have gotten deeper and more meaningful and therefore, more fulfilling.


In more sad news,  we had to give away our newest baby, Scallywag.  It happened about a month ago and it is still very hard to talk about.  Let me start by saying that you never go into a pet adoption with the intention that it isn't going to workout and be a lifetime commitment.  Fausto happened to be home sick and took Scallywag out to get some fresh air.  While they were outside (Max and I were not home), a little girl ran into our yard to see the doggie and Scallywag lunged at her.  Thankfully Fau was able to pull his lead back before he bit her in the face.  Fausto called me panicked and Max and I rushed home.  After a lot of talking and crying (mostly from me), we made the difficult decision to return him so that he may be adopted out to a family with no children or older ones that were more educated with how to approach a dog.  My heart hurts but I know he's somewhere happier running around and being loved on.


On to happier news, Max is registered for VPK...this is happy for everyone except me.  I'm still not sure what I will do without my "ride or die" sidekick with me all day everyday. Max is super excited especially since he will be in class with one of his very best friends.  I just can't believe that it's happening all so quickly!

So with my partner in crime off to dream his big dreams and do bigger things,  I have found myself at this really weird place in my own life.  I'm caught somewhere between "WhatTheHellDoIDoNowsVille" and "HowDoIFillThatTimeField."  Thankfully, the answers came by taking a leap of faith and yes, reconnecting with some old friends.

I am very excited to have become a Scentsy consultant.  Any of you who know me knows how obsessed with things that smell amazing.This is a great way of me to share that with the world and yes, maybe even make some extra money along the way.  You can find my page and shop here.

But the real progress and thing I am currently most excited about is my opportunity to volunteer my time and work as a Difference Maker.  A long time ago I taught a small cake decorating class and met this wonderful woman who just happens to run the Office Depot Foundation.  I liked her immediately.  We lost touch for some time but recently reconnected.  Through her, I was invited to two separate conferences that were meant to inspire and lift these brilliant ladies and CEOs.  Little did I know how much they would impact me.  Going to these things was very much out of my comfort zone.  You want me to sit with these female CEOs, Innovators, Titans of Industry and mingle?  I'm nobody!  But I did it.  And I wake up every day so happy that I did. I had women who I never met before speak and it changed my life.  I'm happier, my marriage is healthier and I am even a better mom.  




Going to these events and, as Dr. Traci Lynn (that's her in that top photo) would say, "Stretched my wing out", I am so proud to say that I am working with a great team in assisting the Summer Internship Program at Office Depot Foundation.  I haven't been so excited about something that is happening for myself in a really, REALLY long time.  I'm using my creativity and helping a team inspire so many young people and it's being valued and appreciated.  We're working closely with a bunch of non profits to set up events and we're really teaching the future generation how important helping your community really is. The best part is that I can bring Max who has quickly and unsurprisingly become a rockstar.  


I've also made some really good, new friends. I met a woman who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and for whatever reason, thinks I am awesome and wants to be friends with me.  I met a woman who, even at a young age, has devouted herself to helping others through her love of fashion.  She has literally clothed orphans and people who cannot afford to provide basic necessities to their children.  She has also inspired me to buy clothes for myself for the first time in 3 years!


 I'm off on some really exciting new adventures and I'm resolving to blog more to keep the few of you who read my little life blog updated.  I really missed writing on the regular.  I didn't start this project with any perks or freebies in mind, I started it because I truly, honestly and genuinely love to write. That's what's new with me.  I'm hoping to make it through my next journey unscathed but I will keep you posted.



Until Soon,
Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment