Monday, September 21, 2015

Chef Max Cooks - Tangy Coconut Chicken

Max LOVES to cook.  It makes sense that he came out looking nothing like me (I mean, I only carried him for 38 weeks but whatever) that he like many of the things I like.  He even has an apron and a toque so it basically makes him the cutest chef ever. I get asked for recipies and cooking tips all the time and when I started this blog, I had intended on sharing many with you and haven't done so.  I'd like to change that. 

The importance of kids in the kitchen is one that I am pretty firm on.  Kids feel things just like adults and one of those feelings is pride.  Also, I am very much against making a second "kid" meal when I cook meals.  He eats what we eat...and if he cooks what we eat, lo and behold, he will eat just about anything.  If you have a little, especially is your little is picky, take out the step stool, accept the fact that you'll have more spills, and cook with your children.


Tonight we made a family favorite, Tangy Coconut chicken.  For this you will need:


Ingredients:
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
*  1/2 cup deli mustard
*  3 Tablespoons honey
*  2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
* Salt & Pepper

  • Preheat oven to 400
  • In small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, salt & pepper until completely blended.  Set aside
  • Place coconut on plate, set aside.
  • Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels.  Dredge in honey mixture and coat with coconut.  Place on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.

We love this recipe.  I love it because it's only a handful of ingredients.  The boys love it because it's actually really, REALLY tasty. Try it with ground pecans if coconut isn't your thing or with maple syrup, agave or molasses if you're out of honey.  Try it with different cuts of chicken and let me know how you like it!  I bet it would be delicious with hot sauce on wings...mmmmmmm!  
This is great with our favorite side of smashed potatoes, salad and green beans.  I hope you like this as much as we do!



Until Soon,
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment